Senior Programme Assistant
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Advert
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Senior Programme Assistant to provide essential administrative support for a new USAID funded project related to food safety for nutrition. This role is based in Abuja, Nigeria
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launced at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The USAID funded Evidence and Action Towards Safe and Nutritious Food (EATSAFE) programme will be implemented by a consortium led by GAIN. Its goal is to generate evidence and knowledge of the potential of increased consumer demand for safe food to substantially improve the safety of nutritious foods in informal market settings and low and middle-income countries.
The Senior Programme Assistant will ensure smooth and efficient operation of the project by coordinating adminstrative and logisitcal support for all country-based staff.
Role specifics include;
- Cooridnate logisitcs for meetings, events including, but not limited to, transportation, preparing presentations and meeting documents
- Develop and monitor the project-wide deliverable tracker
- Work with the EatSafe Head of Country Programme to edit and finalise report, presentations and pulbications
- Prepare itineraries and briefings for travel
- Ensure project monthly timesheets are completed in a timely and accurate manner
You will need to be highly organised with a keen eye for detail. You should have the ability to coordinate across team internationally and be able to develop strong working relationships to ensure the smooth running of the project. To be eligible to apply, you must have demonstrated experience supporting development programmes, NGOs and / or donor funded or related projects.
About our offer
In addition to a competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (in addition to public holidays), flexible working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow your career and offer this in a supportive, collaborative environment. Additional, country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed role information, please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 13th May 2020. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close the application window early should we receive submissions from suitable candidates ahead of the published closing date.
GAIN is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
- Job Description
- Closing Date
- 13 May 2020