Research Associate, EatSafe
- Abuja, Nigeria
- Job Advert
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Research Associate to support a new USAID funded food safety for nutrition project. This role is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
The USAID-funded EatSafe: Evidence and Action Towards Safe, Nutritious Food programme will be implemented by a consortium led by GAIN with the goal of generating evidence and knowledge of the potential of increased consumer demand for safe food to substantially improve the safety of nutritious foods in informal market settings in low- and middle-income countries.
The EatSafe Research Associate will contribute to and support research efforts, identify and liaise with local research counterparts, and provide technical support for project activities
Role specifics include;
- Work closely with colleagues to implement the project’s research activities (e.g., finalisation of research design; help design, format, and ensure translation of research tools; support training for data collection; supervise data collection activities; verify data quality)
- Work closely with local research partners to ensure all research activities are completed as planned, on time, and with high quality
- Support research translation and dissemination, including but not limited to preparation of presentations and abstracts, technical briefs, journal articles, case studies, success stories, and/or blogs.
- Support the Head of EatSafe Country Programme to implement strong project management processes, ensure regular communication with partners and colleagues, and ensure smooth and timely budget disbursements
You will have strong analytical and technical abilities, with proven experience in food safety research or related research in the food and agriculture space. You will support this with a deep understanding of issues related to food safety and quality in Nigeria and have the ability to translate this knowledge into creative solutions. A strong partnership approach is required for this role, so you will need to demonstrate collaborative working with internal and external partners. It would be advantageous if you have previously overseen the implementation of research activities.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment. Additional country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
This advert closes on 13th May 2020. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate
- Job Description
- Closing Date
- 13 May 2020