We are looking for an Administrative Assistant, based in our Kano, Nigeria office.
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest
places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Primary Purpose: TechnoServe seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to assist with office maintenance and management and other administrative functions for TechnoServe Nigeria’s Kano office. The Project Admin will provide day-to-day administrative, financial and program assistance to the Operations Coordinator and Project Manager, as well as in the general management of the office and support to the country program. Key areas of responsibility are as follows:
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Support the Project Manager on a daily basis to execute work related tasks
● Prepare accounts payable documents (e.g. invoices, payment requests) for approval
● Manages payment of office bills and petty cash and ensures that receipts are kept for all expenses.
● Perform small-scale procurement, ensuring adequate stocks of all necessary supplies (e.g. stationery, water, etc.)
● Develop documents that include reports, contracts, and other administrative documents.
● Monitor travel and expenses reporting by all project team members, including processing expense claim forms.
● Set up meetings, draft and disseminate meeting agendas, prepare briefing notes and where necessary take meeting minutes which may include preparing and disseminating materials as instructed.
● Assume responsibility for document filing and develop office administrative procedures as required.
● Respond to general inquiries from the field office.
● Day-to-day facilities management of the office structure, develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers
Required Skills & Experience:
● Minimum 2 years’ documented experience in an administrative / office management role
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
● Fluency in English and Hausa
● Ability to develop well written and cohesive reports;
● Excellent communication skills
● Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel
● Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
● Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working
● Maintains integrity and personal reputation
● Reviews information quickly and does not hesitate to try out solutions
● Passionate about knowledge learning and sharing.
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at email@example.com