Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. In the year 2018 alone, our work in Nigeria reached approximately 3.5 million people. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounted to approximately 54 million USD in 2018. The country team comprises of over 600 staff. Other than the coordination office in Abuja, there are three state offices in Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
The size of team is 6 Heads of department, the technical areas of operation are WASH, Health and Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, and Social Protection. The position is based on Abuja, however it requires extensive travel to operational area which are insecure. Action Against Hunger reaches out to millions of people across 4 states of operation in Nigeria.
VOTRE POSTE ET VOS RESPONSABILITÉS
You work with the Country Director to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive needs-based program strategy that is responsive to the dynamic needs of the most vulnerable populations built on the program strengths of AAH.
More precisely your missions will be:
- Coordinate technical country strategy and support provision of operational management and integration of all technical areas
- Program Quality Assurance
- Donor Compliance, Reporting and Documentation
- Representation with external stakeholders
- You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
- You have a significant experience with INGOs in insecure setting on the same type of position (at least 4 years)
- If you have a previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies, it would be considered as an asset.
- You have excellent management skills specially of large scale programme (You are experience in HR, projects and stress management)
- You have strong ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- You have excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- You are disciplined, organised and able to work independently
- You are fluent in English
VOS CONDITIONS D’EMPLOI
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from €2735 to €3185 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €539 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 150 € monthly as country allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + 6% of annual increase
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children (1,500 € per year per child, with an annual ceiling of 6,000 €).
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks and coverage of the transportation expenses
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
- HEAT Training
POURQUOI NOUS REJOINDRE ?
Action Against Hunger programme in Nigeria is one of the most intersting and challenging environments one can work in. It offers the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of people both in the conflict affected North-East and also in states outside of the North-East