By Ita Akpan
The Cross River State government has declared 35 most wanted cultists, who may have participated in the recent cult killings in Calabar, the state.
The statement signed by the Permanent Secretary on Security, Dr Alfred Mboto, made available to www.csomedia.com.ng Calabar said the suspected cultists were declared wanted in connection with the killings.
The statement read: “The spate of killings and violence taking place in the Calabar metropolis over supremacy of various fraternities is alarming and unacceptable by the government and people of Cross River State.
“In view of this development, the State has declared the following
persons who have been identified as the ring leaders wanted;
The following 35 persons identified as perpetrators of the killings
in Calabar, Cross River State has been declared wanted by the state.
The suspected cultists are:
1) Kufre Ekpo Eyo (Romance) – son of Chief Ndabo Ogote Ekpo Etim of
Uwanse, Calabar South.
2) Sampson Joshua Ovai (Samsung) – Ikot Effanga, Calabar/Abi LGA
3) Cyril Bassey – (PDP) Councilorship Candidate, Calabar South, Ward 6
4) Gershom Edem
5) Samuel Emeka Obi – #6 Atim Edem Rise
6) Emeka II
7 Cornel Joe Edet – (House of Reps Residence, Apo Quarters, Abuja)
8) Charly – (12 White House Street, Calabar.)
9) Junior – (Yanky’s son, Charmley by Punch) Calabar South
10) Supreme Etete – 22 White House Street, Calabar South
11) Obong Ete
12) Owatt G. (Dede younger brother)
14) Deco (Ekpo Iso Street)
16) Francis Nkoro – (STAM)
17) Christian – (Dr Dean Street)
18) Small – (19 Charmley Street, Calabar)
19) Akan – (33 Charmley Street, Calabar)
20) Eteka Bulldog – (Oma Street, Calabar) (recently granted amnesty by
the Chief Judge under Prerogative of Mercy)
21) 1313 – (Akpabuyo)
22) Ita Oku Ndiyo – (Odukpani)
23) Okpata – (Obasanjo)
25) Edet Ekpo Eyo (Udo Casket) – (#5 Edibe Edibe Street, Calabar South)
28) Ete Eka (WAPI)
29) AC Milan
30) Jide (dismissed military Police)
, 31) Andem Dick
32) Charles Awkey
33) Awaji Felix Ikam
34) Okon Eyo – (recently granted amnesty by the Chief Judge under
Prerogative of Mercy)
35) Charlie – (Prison personnel)
Consequently, therefore according to the release, “The public is also
hereby informed that any house/hotel accommodating any of these
persons or any other perpetrators of the act, will be confiscated and
the owner of the property prosecuted accordingly.
“A handsome reward awaits any person or group of persons who avail
security agencies the information of their whereabouts, please”, the