We, of the Okoye Family plead with the media: print, electronic and online media platforms to save-our-souls and report in order to address the urgent situation of the alleged desperate attempts by the suspected murderers in what looks like connivance with some unscrupulous elements in Anambra State Police Command to kill the murder case, which involved our son, Angus Okoye, a businessman in December, 2018.
The latest information reaching us have it that the murder suspects through their lawyer filed a fundamental human rights abuse at the Onitsha judicial division, against the Police authority without including the family of the deceased in the suit.
Please, to make the matter easier for you, the following newspapers and online websites reported the background to the story.
1 New Telegraph
It is widely alleged that the prime suspect may have a hidden agenda by dragging the matter to Onitsha judicial Division, instead of Awka Judicial Division where the arrest was actually made with false claims that they were arrested at Onitsha to deceive the three Judges of the three high courts sitting in Onitsha to get unconditional bail to avert arraignment to escape as usual.
Our exclusion is a game plan to get kangaroo judgment on human right abuse and N5m claims slated to come up on wed. 27/5/20. This brings the delay of the arraignment by Anambra State Command against the DIG order to question.
The unconfirmed information from an insider has it that they have again pumped so much fund to make sure that police kills this case before this case gets to court.
These questions are pointers to this kangaroo judgement on the pipeline through deceit to the honourable court.
- Why is the OC Legal still delaying the arraignment for over 2 weeks now since DIG gave the order and CP Anambra State also invited us to his office and in our presence instructed OC Legal to include the murder case to charge them for original murder case as indicted after investigation for immediate arraignment to cancel all the unfortunate manipulations and ill-fated advice made by the CP Legal, Force H/Qtrs, Abuja.
- Obviously the Legal Dept is aware of this backyard plans to secure their bail by all means before the proper arraignment since their first plan that led to their unceremonious release on 20/4/20 was thwarted by DIG’s order to do the right thing.
- Why did they exclude us from the suit to get what they want through legal Dept to take us unawares.
- Why did they lied on oath to deceive the Judges that the three suspects were arrested in Onitsha where as Cyprian Onyeagolu was arrested at Port Harcourt, Rivers State while Anthony Onyeagolu, the suspected murderer-in-chief and Moses Emebo, the Hitman were arrested at Awka at various times within Awka Judicial Division by Force CID, Abuja.
- Why did they separate the case into three high courts in Onitsha headed by different Judges on each person seeking for enforcement on one case file against the legal slogan of “he who goes to equity must go with clean hands” whereas their hands are dirty with human blood lying in the mortuary till now begging for justice.
- Why is it that the OC Legal has been dribbling us with this arraignment for one week now since after the CP Anambra State invited us to his office on 15/5/20 for the arraignment.
The story has been from OC Legal today, tomorrow now with the package of fundamental human right outside the jurisdiction of the case without our knowledge until today, 22/5/20.
It will be recalled that this is the same game the legal Dept played on the arraignment of the same suspects supposedly on paper 26/11/18 in the attempted murder case of Chidiebele Okoye which was thwarted by them on Friday, 23/11/18 and that arraignment became a search in futility by the same police that gave Anthony Onyeagolu and his armed gang the edge to regroup on 13/12/18 at Mile End Hotel, Awka and finally killed our brother, late Angus Okoye on 16/12/18 after kidnapping him on the late night of 15/12/18. If they had not released these deadly suspects on bargain two days to the proper arraignment on 26/11/18 due to the condition of the victim who was still battling with life and death then most likely that they would have been remanded by the court and our brother would have been alive today to father his six helpless children and his widow.
The police in Awka are playing the same game freely without any checkmating by the police authority on this murder case to destroy it to have lost our bread winner and yet denied us justice at the same time. Media houses, CSOs, human right organisations and activists to come to our rescue once again that it is unheard of that a murderer is seeking for fundamental human right bail whereas their victim’s dead body is lying in the mortuary. It is an error and unheard of.